Nine months ago, iHub launched the Women in Business program, to grow the number of socially and economically empowered women who run sustainable businesses working in the technology sector in Kenya. For cohort 1 of the program, we had three key objectives:
- To strengthen the capacity of women entrepreneurs to own and lead sustainable businesses working in the tech sector.
- To increase the number of women-owned and women-led companies working in the tech sector that can handle big money projects.
- To strengthen collaboration between different actors in the tech and innovation sector, in order to provide evidence-based, credible contributions to relevant national and global policy discourses.
We are happy to announce that 7 startups are graduating from the first cohort of the program and will be pitching to investors and corporate executives from different regions. The event will provide a platform for the women to establish connections to investors and potential partners with the aim of securing funding, increase market share, and gain access to industry expertise. We will also use the event to create awareness of our plans to continue the program and open it up to women in different sectors/regions. The target audience for demo day includes;
- Organisations that support women in tech.
- Female entrepreneurs that may be interested in joining the program
- Corporate executives.
Date: Friday, July 10th, 2020
Time: 10am – 12:30pm East African Time
If you would like to attend the event, kindly request an invite here.
- Biashara Africa is an easy to use web platform,that enables the underserved Small Businesses to sell online and solve inefficiencies in their supply chain, inventory and record keeping.
- Giftchain Africa Ltd is a gift voucher management platform that provides freedom of choice to people and corporates in gifting. It enables people and businesses to operate efficiently by automating the entire gifting process I.e. buying, redeeming and bulk disbursements of eVouchers to multiple recipients. They bring the much-needed transparency and efficiency that has been lacking in the gifting industry.
- Globofuse aims to provide fast, reliable technical assistance to global tech firms, using the most talented software engineers. Their platform allows talented developers to benefit from work opportunities across the Globe. In addition, the platform enables developers to showcase their ready to use products/innovations.
- Kladika is an aggregated platform that allows local fashion designers and retailers the opportunity to sell their products both online and offline..
- Pink Sapphire Technologies is a woman-owned, women-led IT services company addressing the growing cybersecurity risks by bridging the skills gap around the cybersecurity space by training students. In addition, the company provides other IT services including ERP implementation, cloud solutions amongst others.
- Secvate Solutions is a technology solutions company that specializes in providing customized software solutions, cyber security consultancy and data analytics services to MSME’s in Medical, Real Estate and Micro Finance Industries in Africa.
- The Afrijob Network is a on-demand professional development and recruitment platform that equips talent with the essential 3C’s (Content, Context & Community) to scale companies in emerging markets.
We look forward to an engaging and informative demo day and hope you can join us.