By applying principles from the field of human-computer interaction (HCI), we assist the technology community to create more effective, usable, engaging, simple and productive user experiences.
iHub Research and iHub UX Lab work together to ensure all clients and partners have access to the tools and services needed to accomplish their goals. We seek to achieve the following through our user experience and market research product:
- Augment and foster the visibility of the African technology community;
- Improve the quality of technology study and design from Africa;
- Surface information that influences decision-making of various stakeholders including practitioners, developers, government, non-governmental organizations and entrepreneurs;
- Identify new opportunities for entrepreneurs and help organizations develop contextually relevant solutions and programs through design thinking.
UX & Market Research Services offered
- Heuristic analysis (empathetic research) where we aim to understand the target users, their environment, what problems they currently have, their interactions with each other and their immediate environment.
- Rigorous market research where we aim to help organizations identify how their existing products are in use, any gaps that exist in the market and providing insight on the opportunities that they can capitalize on to improve their offerings or value proposition.
- Usability tests incorporate techniques used in user-centered interaction design to evaluate a product by testing it on users. This is an irreplaceable practice because it gives direct input on how real users use the system. Usability testing usually involves systematic observation under controlled conditions to determine how well people can use the product.
Current and past UX Research clients include Google, Wieden+Kennedy, UNICEF, Continuum, Refugees United, Hivos, Grameen Foundation, Georgetown University, MFarm, Squad Digital, among others.