iProcure is a supply chain platform operating in East Africa that distribution services to clients that want to deliver essential products and other value adding services to retailers and consumers in rural Africa.
We are looking for a senior software engineer who can come in and work on various ongoing projects. This is a hands-on software development role. It will encompass all aspects of the software development life-cycle working with a small engineering team and demands a high understanding of application design and architecture.
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture.
- Undertake the build of high quality backend services, integration services, for assigned projects within agreed time and budget while conforming to the system design specifications.
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Review and debug code.
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal teams and partners to fix and improve products
- Contribute to the definition of platform architecture roadmaps
- Documentation of development phases and monitor systems
- Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies
- Key contributor in analyzing and evaluating new technologies to support changing business needs including software development engineering productivity frameworks, tools, libraries, programming languages, software design patterns, software development methodologies etc
- Work closely with business analysts, product managers, and quality assurance engineers to plan, design, and execute end to end testing including functional, performance and security tests.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Proven work experience as a Mobile developer – 3+ years.
- Demonstrable portfolio of released applications on the Play store.
- Proficiency in both Java and Kotlin.
- Source code control experience (Subversion, Git, etc.).
- Experience in at least one hybrid application development frameworks like React Native.
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs e.g. Google Maps.
- Familiarity with data persistence strategies such as Realm, SQLite, and Room.
- Familiarity with reactive patterns using libraries such as RxJava.
- Understanding of architectural patterns such as MVC, MVVM, VIPER, and MVP
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude.
- Strong documentation skills is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of developing Progressive Web Applications for mobile is a plus.
- Applications and systems security knowledge is required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical staff.
- Eager to learn new things.
How to Apply
Working conditions are specific to office environment on a daily basis. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
Commencement date: immediate.
Please send your CV to [email protected] on or before 20th of January 2021