iProcure is a supply chain platform operating in East Africa that distribution services to clients that want to deliver essential products and other value adding services to retailers and consumers in rural Africa.
We are looking for project manager who will be responsible for the planning and execution of company’s software projects. They will be involved with the planning, design, execution, monitoring and controlling aspects of each project – ensuring that it is completed on time and to budget.
- Lead planning and/or implementation of projects. May participate in the design and/or testing phases.
- Facilitate the definition of project missions, goals, tasks, and resource requirements; resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas; develop methods to monitor project or area progress; and provide corrective supervision if necessary.
- Responsibility for assembling the project staff; for their technical or functional development, performance, and/or termination during the project.
- Manage project budget and resource allocation.
- Facilitate the definition of service levels and customer requirements. Interact regularly with existing or potential clients to determine their needs and to develop plans for improving delivery.
- Advocate on behalf of clients and represent clients' needs as appropriate to senior management. Work cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes.
- Lead the development and implementation of a broad, coordinated set of plans and programs to meet the goals and priorities of the department.
- Present reports defining plans, problems, and resolutions to appropriate levels of management. Manage delivery schedules and budgets to ensure project delivery is on time, within scope and in budget.
- Use of standard project methodology and tools to track progress against deliverables
- Lead and manage project and resource schedules. Manage third party and specialist resources assigned to projects
- Use of appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques. Enforce quality gates in all the projects.
- Communicate project activities including progress, budget, risks, issues to relevant stakeholders as defined by the communication plan
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation throughout the project.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, IT, Telecommunications or related field.
- Must be a fully qualified and accredited project manager (PMP)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification is highly desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in managing complex technical projects.
- Agile Project Management Certification is highly desirable.
- Good understanding of business IT
- Very strong technical background either as a or Project Manager, Business Analyst, Software Developer or Quality Analyst
- Involved with all aspects of software delivery and life cycle, from inception phase to UAT and delivery
- Successfully applied Agile/Scrum/SAFe practices
- Proficient in managing scope in an Agile project and facilitating the user story lifecycle in close collaboration with the customer/Business Outcome Owner, including breaking down complex requirements into independent user stories, capturing detailed acceptance criteria, building a release plan with user, managing the backlog, running showcases.
- Past experience in project managing complex data management and data platform development projects is highly desirable.
- Ideally, experienced in running distributed teams and distributed agile
- Exceptional listening, written and verbal communication skills including exceptional client facing/ /consulting skills
How to Apply
Working conditions are specific to office environment on a daily basis. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
Commencement date: immediate.
Please send your CV to [email protected] on or before 10th January 2021