CTO Job Summary
Proptech Kenya is leveraging on technology to make the process of buying, renting and managing properties easier on https://rentpay.africa/ .
The company is a Kenyan startup that has been operating for approximately one year. We are looking for a CTO to join our team and be part of developing our Rentpay platform with a long term view of making it the go to real estate technology across Africa.
- Responsible for development lifecycle cycle end to end (Architecture, Design, Development, QA, deployment to production)
- Responsibility on IT and R&D Quality
- Responsibility on production environment Security, SLA, and stability
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Evaluate and implement new technologies and infrastructure along with the CIO
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements or adjustments to technology
- Great communications skills and should keep other stakeholders informed without follow up
- At least 5 years’ experience in solution and software development
- Full stack developer with expert proficiency Angular and Python / Django
- Experience with integration to MPESA, Africa’s talking, Quickbooks and banks will be an added advantage
- At least 2 years experience in a technical leadership role
- Experience in UI and UX
- Experience in managing agile R&D delivery (work planning according to targets, developers training & recruitment, design, and code reviews)
- Knowledge of technological trends to build a strategy
- Brilliant, fast and strategic thinker, strong leadership and problem solving skills, excellent technical and communication skills, has initiative, highly motivated and a quick learner.
Terms of Service
Since the company is in the pre-seed stage, the CTO will be compensated with 10% vested shares over a period of 5 years with the following schedule:
- 5% will be vested after 2 years
- 2.5% will be vested after an additional 2 years
- The final 2.5% will be vested after an additional 1 year
- The above vesting schedule is for purposes of retention with a long term view.
Apart from above, the CTO will receive a salary when the company makes enough revenue to break even or receives investment
How to Apply
Angular and Python is mandatory as part of the experience. Please include links to your projects as you send your applications to [email protected]