We are searching for an App Developer to contribute to our team, mission, and impact. This is a unique opportunity to bring together your passion for global health and technology, and working at the grassroots level. As App Developer, you will manage project app development. We believe that the technologies, work environments, and approaches to global health and development you've experienced in the past, and have mastered in-depth will be useful to further build Medic’s tools and technology. We expect that you are a quick learner and equally quick to adapt to new and changing technologies. You will work closely with design and project teams.
- Manage project technical development/configurations: Work alongside partnerships leads, project managers, and designers to define scope, design, write technical specifications, and build public health applications
- Develop internal and partner-facing interactive data visualizations. Work with designers and project managers to ensure that dashboard designs are feasible within the Medic Mobile Analytics platform
- Conduct functional and unit testing on all developed code and scripts in line with testing frameworks to ensure conformance with defined requirements.
- Manage client timelines, monitor usage of the platform, and any relevant software costs for invoicing purposes to foster strong relationships with partners.
- Support end users and stakeholders (internal and external) on any arising technology issues/bugs to resolve, escalate, and resolve.
- Describe digital health needs and opportunities in your projects/region and propel these needs to be addressed in Medic Mobile’s current tool kit or product roadmap
- Support in proposal writing, publications, present Medic Mobile in meetings, seminars, summits & forums when called upon to do so.
Skills Knowledge & Expertise
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years of progressive experience in similar roles with demonstrated technical leadership.
- Strong command of written and spoken English.
- Proficient with relational databases, Postgres or MySQL
- Experience with data analysis and data visualisation languages R/Matlab/Python would be of benefit
- Have experience using command-line tools on Linux (preferred) or another UNIX-like operating system.
- Be committed to frequent and timely communication, both in person and online (via email, Slack, and other online chat applications).
- Have interest in working with and learning from a globally distributed team of mHealth technology experts.
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to pass on information clearly to users and to grasp difficulties perceived by users.
- Strong user support orientation with an attitude of wanting to assist people and pass-on their knowledge and experience to others establishing a good working relationship with users/partners.
- Ability to work under high pressure, meet deadlines, monitor and follow-up on pending matters under minimum supervision.
Additional Skills :
- Be familiar with Android SDK, NoSQL databases.
- Project work experience with open source technology.
- Good logical diagnostic skills and ability to exercise good judgment in the resolution of problems.
- Fluency in other languages would be nice to have e.g French, Swahili.
This role can be fully remote or based in our Africa or Asia hubs.
How to Apply
Please visit our website www.medicmobile.org/careers or click here to apply.