AZA is an established provider of currency trading solutions which accelerate global access to frontier markets through an innovative infrastructure. By leveraging cutting edge technology in our flagship products, TransferZero and BFX, AZA is able to significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to and from frontier markets. TransferZero is our B2B2C product, which provides both wholesale currency purchase and retail settlement via our robust API. BFX is our B2B over-the-counter platform for businesses with wholesale currency needs, especially those paying partners and suppliers.
Our partners utilize our hybrid financial infrastructure and deep local knowledge to manage liquidity and send payments to dozens of bank networks and mobile money operators across Africa. Licensed by the UK’s FCA and the Bank of Spain, Aza is a market-maker in every major African currency. Launched in Nairobi, AZA now has offices in Lagos, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, and Dakar.
We are passionate about technology and using it to make a difference to the lives of millions living in emerging markets. Our aim is to change the landscape of finance and remittance in these markets.
If you're someone who loves to solve complicated digital problems, then you will fit right in at Aza. As a Product Designer, you will be responsible for owning the design process for our products. You will be working closely with other Designers, Product Managers and the Engineering team.
How your skills and passion will come to life at AZA
- Lead the design of products and features from the ideation stage to post-launch.
- Design user flows, interactions, and experiences that are simple, elegant and intuitive.
- Run user research and user testing to evaluate the current product and user needs.
- Work directly with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing to effectively launch new features.
- Constantly audit, analyse and iterate – leveraging quantitative as well as qualitative metrics.
- Take a data-driven approach to design growth experiments, while maintaining a relentless focus on delivering real value for our customers.
- Give and receive feedback from other designers to raise our bar for quality.
- Responsible for ensuring designs are consistent, making sure products align with our brand and identity. As well as across web and mobile platforms.
- Communicating design ideas through different methods depending on the stage of life of the product, to co-workers and stakeholders.
What we are looking for
- You have the relevant commercial experience (over 3 years) and proven experience of linking user needs with business goals.
- You can demonstrate throughout your portfolio the business impact and user behavioural impact from your work.
- You are a capable user researcher, have analysed data and validated the problem before creating a solution, then validated the solution.
- You are comfortable sketching, wireframing, and prototyping as part of the design process.
- You can complete the UI Visual Design to full quality delivery standards using a base pattern library/Design System.
- You are capable of running usability lab sessions using a behavioural science approach to testing your products.
- You are used to working in agile environments and enjoy the benefits of working in this way.
- You not only understand accessibility but believe an inclusive design approach and treating other humans with respect.
- You are keen to learn, evolve, and continually challenge yourself and the way you do things.
- You want to be part of a fun fast-paced team that is constantly improving and continually striving to "get less wrong" together.
Portfolio URL/PDF required for consideration - please specify your level of contribution for each item and information about the process undertaken.
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- Global / regional network / exposure in FinTech / Blockchain industry.
- One of the hottest, fastest scaling startups in Africa.
- Casual work environment.
- Great work -life balance.
- We value autonomy.
- Opportunity for growth for all employees.
- Opportunity to work hard and play hard.
- …… and more!!
AZA is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. AZA does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
How to Apply
To apply, send your resume through this link: https://apply.workable.com/azafinance/j/9A9B80ECAD/apply/