We are passionate technologists who believe in making a difference to the lives of those living in emerging markets. We aim to change the landscape of finance and remittance.
The AZA development team is a group of engineers from around the world that have the ability to work together to solve complex problems and provide simple solutions for our customers. We value collaboration during the development process and listen to input from conception of ideas all the way until they are finished. We value people who are keen on learning new technologies through their career.
We are looking for an Operations Engineer who can help our ever-growing team in moving our infrastructure to a more automated environment and making sure it is performant and available to our customers. We have offices in London, Nairobi, Dakar, Madrid and Lagos and will happily consider candidates in any of these locations.The job holder will report to the Software Engineering Manager.
How your skills and passion will come to life at AZA
- Develop, deploy and maintain the AZA large Amazon AWS based cloud solution.
- Deploy, automate, maintain, troubleshoot and improve the systems that keep the backend infrastructure running smoothly.
- Use tools such as Terraform, Kubernetes and Ansible for container based continuous delivery and Infrastructure-as-code provisioning.
- Maintain best practice cloud security principles in line with ISO27001 certification.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvement.
What we are looking for
- Good knowledge of software deployment tooling and orchestration.
- Good knowledge of databases systems, especially PostgreSQL..
- Good knowledge of cloud providers, especially AWS.
- Familiarity with deploying and managing applications on the cloud in an automated way.
- Familiarity with logging, monitoring and alerting tools.
- Familiarity with the agile development methodology specifically Scrum.
- General knowledge of Linux/Unix systems.
- A strong and flexible work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Some knowledge of working with Ruby, Ruby on Rails and React.JS based applications.
- Good knowledge of source control using Git.
- Familiarity with DevOps principles, especially the 12 Factor App and Infrastructure as Code.
- Familiarity with container architecture, especially Docker.
- Familiarity with provisioning and deployment tools like Chef, Ansible or Terraform.
- Familiarity with ISO27001 requirements.
- Preference to participate in pair-programming and using GitHub pull requests to review code of others.
- Confidence in refactoring and working with both new and existing codebases.
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- Global / regional network / exposure in FinTech / Blockchain industry.
- One of the hottest, fastest scaling startups in Africa.
- Casual work environment.
- Great work -life balance.
- We value autonomy.
- Opportunity for growth for all employees.
- Opportunity to work hard and play hard.
- …… and more!!
AZA is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. AZA does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
How to Apply
To apply click on this link and submit your resume: https://apply.workable.com/azafinance/j/20E3492C73/apply/