Application Deadline! Applications for this post are now closed
PowerGen Renewable Energy is a micro-grid developer, implementer, and operator in East Africa, reshaping the prevailing rural electrification model in the region. PowerGen is creating an African energy system that utilizes clean, renewable energy and smarter grids to deliver power to all.
You will be responsible for the core backbone of our business – our ERP system, NetSuite. This will require understanding, analyzing, documenting and monitoring existing policies and procedures as well as implementing and training users on new policies and procedures. PowerGen’s NetSuite usage involves all 10+ teams at the company as well as multiple countries, currencies, entities and locations. You will work closely with our VP Finance, as well as the Business Systems, Finance, and Supply Chain teams, to continue with the implementation and administration of how our employees use NetSuite day to day. If you want to be in the middle of the critical support structure for a fast-growing renewable energy organization in East Africa, this job is for you.
What You’ll Make Happen:
- Functionality Implementation
- You will lead the roll out of new functionality within NetSuite ensuring that PowerGen takes full advantage of system upgrades and out-of-the-box offerings that drive operational efficiency within the organization.
- Develop suitable reporting dashboards
- Together with the Technology team, identify opportunities for data integration of PowerGen software platforms and data warehouse and the ERP that can be linked to ERP Dashboards and other ERP Reports
- Update the senior management on the progress of current projects through roadmaps, work breakdown structure checklists and other project documentation
- Process monitoring and refinement
- You will become an expert on our processes within the system and help to continuously improve our processes so that the ERP system can best serve the end users and business need; you will catch mistakes, analyze to identify room for improvement, maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and train users
- Write and maintain documentation related to implementation of new modules and customisations to grow ERP knowledge base of the organisation
- You will lead the building of new reports in the system that help provide key insights into the business around growth, cost, and other areas; you will ensure our teams have access to the numbers they need whenever they need them
- Business system support
- You will support others in the Business Systems team with questions from other employees that relate to NetSuite, our internal procedures or our data policies
What Excites You:
- ERP Systems – you are an expert
- Building the backbone to a dynamic, rapidly growing organization
- Intense attention to detail and managing multiple and varied work streams at the same time
- Refining processes within a brand new, cutting edge and leading SaaS ERP system
- Working collaboratively with many internal teams across multiple countries and offices to drive growth and operational excellence
- A fast-paced, informal environment where constant change is the norm
You Already Have:
- University degree
- 5+ years relevant work experience
- Experience implementing and administering ERP software; direct experience with NetSuite preferred
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Advanced proficiency in Enterprise software and Microsoft Office products
- Experience and proven ability to collaborate across teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Practiced flexibility to lend a hand wherever needed
- Fluent in both English and Swahili preferred
- Enthusiasm in working for the field of renewable energy!