Application Deadline! Applications for this post are now closed
About Lipa Later:
Lipa Later Limited is a financial service provider based in Kenya and Rwanda that offers payment plans for consumers and businesses looking to buy and sell products and services in monthly installments.
About the Role:
We are looking to recruit a Ruby on Rails developer who will be responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Their primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end team.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Writing core code that is a pleasure for other engineers to read and understand.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Assure that all user input is validated.
- Collaborate with other team members and the Tech Lead.
- Build and maintain features to support business growth.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Strong understanding of Ruby on Rails and how it works.
- Experience shipping a Ruby application is an added advantage.
- 2+ Years of Software Engineering experience.
- Willing and eager to learn and improve.
- Solid understanding of the following concepts: MVC, RESTful APIs, ORM.
- Experience with testing frameworks and site monitoring tools.
- Experience with Git and Git-based workflows.
- Experience working with Redis and Sidekiq