Application Deadline! Applications for this post are now closed
The Cyber Security Engineer will work with and under the guidance of the Head of Technology.
The Interview process will require hands-on tests.
- Conduct periodic security reviews, vulnerability assessments & penetration tests across all of Company’s systems/infrastructure including web applications and mobile apps (iOS & android).
- Ensure all new and existing systems/products/services comply with Company’s security policies & standards and other industry best practices e.g. ISO27001, PCI, GDPR etc.
- Provide timely and quality security assurance reports and advice to the business when required even with very tight deadlines
- Do regular follow ups with system custodians/owners to ensure any security risks identified are addressed within the agreed timelines
- Define Cyber Security metrics and report periodically on security compliance across all networks/systems
- Research on new threats/technologies/vulnerabilities/security design principles etc.
- Work closely with clients and provide guidance on new trends on cyber security and also track issues arising and work closely with development team to ensure closure of the issues.
- Help with creation of Tickets internally and externally to track all activities.
- Actively work with the team in incident response, triage and analysis.
- Prepare and maintain the Administrative Documentation, respecting internal policies.
- Maintain the integrity and security of enterprise wide systems and networks
- As part of the team, support security initiatives through predictive and reactive analysis and articulating emerging trends to leadership and staff
- Assist in the development of security compliance reports such a ISO27001, PCI DSS and more
- Bachelor of Science Degree or a related tertiary qualification.
- At least one to two (1-2) years of related experience and/or training in the field of IT security monitoring
- And analysis, cyber threat analysis, vulnerability analysis, or similar cyber security related field, incident management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work independently or in a group as needed.
- Fundamental knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP, routing and switching.
- Hands-on experience using tcpdump or wireshark, Linux and windows system administration and also conversant with vulnerability test tools eg Burpsuite, Nessus, Appie, Nmap etc.
- Working knowledge of the Linux operating system
- High levels of integrity in the conduct of personal and professional affairs.
- Good communication and sound interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written skills.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.