Application Deadline! Applications for this post are now closed
Legibra is a Technology firm headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya that is dedicated to domain registration, hosting, cloud infrastructure, web security, website design and development, mobile and web applications, app development, printing and branding. Since 2009, we have been creating intuitive solutions along those lines for businesses and personalities across the globe and for a diverse range of sectors.
We are looking for a graphic design intern with an understanding of the elements and principles of design, a clean and polished design aesthetic, strict attention to detail. The designer intern should be capable of clear communication, self-motivation, and structured work planning. Strong ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects, as well as adhere to tight deadlines.
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Assist in the creation and deployment of UI/UX designs on web platforms.
- Effectively communicating concepts through digital prototypes, visualizations, use-case scenarios, and experience wireframes.
- Create visual design work, from early concepts through to detailed guidelines and prototypes, collaborate with project manager and development team to ensure that design specifications are implemented accurately and on schedule.
- Help users successfully navigate ideas by fusing iconography, typography, color, space, and texture.
- Collaborate with the team that includes other designers, web developers, project managers, and clients.
This role requires:
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as Illustrator, Photoshop; InDesign is a plus)
- An understanding website, application and motion design with a strong empathy for visual design, making great-looking products that people love to use.
- Confident working across multiple platforms; Mobile, Tablet, Desktop.
- Familiarity with Android and IOS design standards and knowledge of web usability standards.
Qualifications and competence
- Confident and strive for perfection while being open to feedback.
- Ability to handle pressure in meeting deadlines and prioritizing tasks.
- Ability to be self-motivated.
- Ability to handle conflicting project demands and thrive in a fast-paced role.
- Team player who can inspire and positively contribute to the company culture.
- Teamwork skill.
- Friendliness and easy to work with.
- Good communication skills.
- Adapt well to change.
- Presents a positive image to outsiders.
- Problem-solving skills