Our Client is seeking to recruit a highly motivated Products and Projects Manager to join their team. He or she should have a minimum of 3 years of experience in Project Management.
Duties and Responsibilities
Strategy & Planning
1. Work with internal business teams to determine roadmaps, vision, features and project scope
2. Work with the business teams to define/refine the
3. Manage requirements gathering and write the technical and functional specs of envisioned software and systems.
4. Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents
5. Facilitate the gathering of information required to estimate project cost, resources, time and deliverables
6. Understand product user needs and translate the same for all teams working to deliver products
Resource Management & Procurement
1. Draft and submit tech project budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary
2. Plan for and lead the acquisition of required personnel from within the company and where need be from consultants
3. Work with third party vendors/suppliers to estimate financial, physical and human resource needed to achieve project goals
4. Evaluate project performance and make necessary recommendations for personnel
1. Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
2. Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises or risks and devise contingency plans.
3. Negotiate conflicts and resolve issues that arise
4. Ensure accurate business documentation throughout the project cycle
5. Support the development team in product delivery by prioritizing product backlog
6. Prepare and present reports defining tech projects progress, problems and solutions
1. Act as a communication broker between business and technical teams by translating business needs to technical requirements.
2. Craft and maintain development plans and associated user stories that clearly define functionality or feature targets and acceptance criteria
3. Communicate feature status regularly with internal and external partners and management, ensuring that issues are appropriately called out to keep delivery on track
4. Lead testing and quality assurance processes
5. Lead the process of creating a feedback loop and use the same to guide future itineration’s
User Experience Management
• Develop User Experience (UE) roadmaps for client-facing solutions along with applications, systems and interfaces for end-consumer use.
• Collaborate with various teams to design seamless end-to-end chain of services, systems and apphuman interactions.
• Recommend best approaches for implementation of user experience.
• Identify improvement areas plus prospective competitive advantage for advanced research
• Manage the continuous feed-back loop between Kava and its end-consumer users
1. Ability to work in a fast-paced, ‘start-up’ environment
2. Good internal knowledge of systems, processes and Best Practice Guides.
3. Knowledge of the ins-and-outs of software development life cycle (SDLC) and Agile development methodologies.
4. Experience in writing and presenting reports to non-technical Management Executives and other teams.
The successful candidate will be required to have the following demonstrable skills and competencies:
1. Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Project Management, or any other relevant field.
2. Demonstrated success defining and launching high-traffic, consumer-facing Apps and platforms
3. Minimum of 3 years direct work experience in a project management capacity
4. Experience in User Experience Management
5. SQL Database and Windows operating systems experience is preferred.
6. Strong familiarity with modern project management software and issue tracking software such as ASANA, JIRA, Redmine, Microsoft Project.
7. Project Management certification(s); Project Management Professional preferred.