We are an emerging leader in providing Electronic Health Records solutions across Africa. Collabmed’s innovative technology platform has transformed its client businesses. Collabmed believes the key to successful implementation of EHR solutions is aligning people and process with technology. Apart from offering a strong technology platform, Collabmed’s professional services team helps customers realign processes to take advantage of new technologies. Due to increased demand for our services, we are undergoing significant growth. This is a very exciting time for Collabmed, and we are looking for a talented Business Systems Analyst to join us.
As a Senior Business Systems Analyst, you are expected to be an advanced professional in the systems & process design and implementation space and have experience on low, medium and high health care software implementation projects. The Senior Business Systems Analyst will solicit, understand, and document the customer's business requirements, processes and workflows developing both written and visual depictions of requirements and process flows. You will also work with developers to create the functional specifications that meet those requirements, serve as a subject matter expert to the developers building those functions, and work with the QA team to test the developed functionality. This role works closely with other BAs, Developers, Testers, and Production Support through each stage of the software development lifecycle and also demonstrates both existing and new functionality to the customer stakeholders. This job requires an experienced analyst who can partner effectively with all levels of the organization, lead others, drive results, proactively identify and resolve problems, and make challenging decisions.
As an experienced analyst, you will be responsible for recommending and instituting business analysis best practice, tools and methodology towards standardization of BA deliverables and procedures, and collaborating with Development and QA Leads to uphold and improve Agile processes.
• Develop and maintain understanding of customer workflows and business needs to support.
• Deliver precise functional specifications to include functional hierarchy, workflow, business rules, interface design and definitions, outstanding issues, data analysis, and data mapping to clients and development staff.
• Be responsible for direct interaction with clients including, but not limited to, eliciting comprehensive business requirements and use cases and recommending appropriate solutions.
• Gather requirements and help build and document specifications for development.
• Work with Technical team to develop high level labor estimates to develop and deploy functionality
• Conduct gap analysis between application and stated customer requirements and collaborate with Architects and Developers to estimate project impact.
• Work with Development, QA, and Production Support teams to communicate, verify, and test the desired functionality changes.
• Work with the clients to demonstrate the changes to the system to ensure all relevant business needs are addressed.
• Develop training materials and provide training in one-on-one or classroom environment.
• Manage multiple competing priorities through effective organization and communication.
• Recommend and institute BA best practice and methodology and tools
• Perform QA of BA team deliverables
• Responsible for BA Team development, performance goal-setting, management and evaluation reviews
Required Skills and Experience
• 3 or more years of experience.
• Demonstrated team leadership, staff development, management and performance evaluations and actions
• Understanding of business analysis principles, processes, and techniques.
• Ability to develop and prepare use cases, functional specifications, and technical requirements.
• Ability to understand and represent the needs of the end user in a software development environment.
• Strong consultative and advisory skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communications.
• Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Strong Agile project management methodologies with an exceptional skills in Analysis software tools such as MS Visio.
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in technology-related field or relevant experience in implementing software in the Health industry
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Experience within the Healthcare sector
• Workflow Development and Business Process Engineering