Social business startup: educating the poorest 1 billion children
At EIDU, we create a mobile learning platform for young children in poor areas where it’s hard to get the high-quality education that all children deserve.
For our African entity in Nairobi, we are looking for a UI Designer to shape and evolve the design of our educational platform.
What we do and why
We believe that all children should be given the chance to reach their full intellectual potential. For that, they need a proper foundation early on. It is our mission to help them acquire foundational skills before they start school and then support them further. Our solution enables them to learn by themselves, at their own pace, on an app that works globally, even on the cheapest devices. This digital learning solution will be affordable to the global poor without any subsidies, making it a truly scalable solution.
We are developing the EIDU system in the toughest conditions we could find: with many thousand children in two of the largest urban slums in Africa, located in Nairobi, Kenya and we are on our way to scale to many different places in the world. We collect data from all players, children, teachers, parents and school owners and so have a vast, rich dataset, qualitative and quantitative.
If you would like to know more, see the TEDx talk about EIDU at www.eidu.com
● Execute all visual design stages from high fidelity concepts to final hand-off to engineering
● Collaborate with product and engineering teams to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience
● Iteratively improve our existing UI/UX
● You help create and maintain design systems and libraries for UI elements
● You use scribbles/wireframes/mockups to visualize ideas
● Influence storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps along with
Product Managers to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
● Establish and promote design guidelines and Design Systems best practices
● A strong drive to make the world a better place with the help of software
● Minimum 2 years of experience working as an UX/UI designer
● Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
● A solid understanding of user experience, user research, information
architecture, interaction design and UI design, user centered design process
and design principles
● Problem solving and communication skills that demonstrate you know how
to understand the users’ needs and can translate those needs into modern and intuitive experiences. You’re able to ask the right questions, give feedback and critique your own solutions
● Both conceptual and visual design skills
● Ability to use common design tools and services like Adobe XD, Sketch,
● Deep knowledge and interest in digital trends and cutting edge design
● Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process is a plus.
● Excellent English communication skills
● Advanced MS Office or Google Docs skills
● The opportunity to directly contribute to solving a pressing global inequality problem by improving what we do and how we do it
● A highly talented and diverse international team (from 9 countries) based in Berlin and Nairobi with professionals in learning experience design, UX, psychology, systems development & data analysis
● Passionate and fun team members, who support and challenge each other to achieve our vision
If this resonates with you, there is no time to waste
Please submit CV and availability to [email protected]