About Lipa Later:
Lipa Later Limited is a financial service provider based in Kenya and Rwanda that offers payment plans for consumers and businesses looking to buy and sell products and services in monthly installments.
About the Role:
The Product Manager will act as the owner of Lipa Later’s product line, and will be tasked will be tasked with identifying innovative new product additions, carrying out market research and analysis, project planning, and working with a cross-functional team to ensure Lipa Later delivers the right products for its customer base at the right time. The role will involve heavily working with software engineers, interacting with our customers and working directly with the CEO.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to implementation.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research with support from the data analytics department.
- Introducing and marketing new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, and working with all departments to execute.
- Collaborating with different departments to run products through their entire life cycle.
- Analyzing potential partner relationships products and work with the commercial team to execute partnerships.
- Developing and maintaining product metrics for existing and current product lines.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- Increasing product market share by working with the Business Development Manager to develop product sales strategies.
- Preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts as well as special reports and analyses.
- Bringing new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Determining product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Completing operational requirements by collaborating with relevant employees and departments, as well as following up on work results.
Who we are looking for:
- You have extensive experience with product management, agile development, product launches, and scaling. Experience within innovative finance/ Fintech and/or start-ups will be an added advantage.
- You have experience working with cross-functional teams to meet goals and objectives.
- Past experience in software development is an added advantage.
- You are entrepreneurial, curious, and highly proactive.
- You have past experience of successfully handling multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- You have a strong track record in setting clear direction and driving high levels of engagement and performance across multidisciplinary teams
How to Apply
If interested, kindly send your CV to [email protected] with the subject line ‘’Product Manager’’