Application Deadline! Applications for this post are now closed
About APA Insurance Limited:
APA Insurance Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Apollo Investments Limited (Apollo Group), one of the leading financial groups in East Africa.
Since our founding in 1977, our mission has been to provide present and future peace of mind to the East African market and, in turn, enhance the quality of life for both our clients and their loved ones.
About the Design Lead position:
As Design Lead you will be involved in partnering with the Head of Digital and the leadership team to develop and drive end-to-end user experience design including research, ideation, conception, detailed design, prototypes and validation across multiple products and areas. The Design Lead will seek to create and influence the creation of the ultimate user experience to create business impact
What Opportunities Exist at APA
- Opportunity work in an innovative, dynamic environment with a focus on delivery
- Opportunity to pioneer and drive the digital transformation in financial services in the region
- A chance to work with highly motivated and skilled colleagues
- Continuous learning and professional development opportunities with academic and professional sponsorship, mentoring opportunities to accelerate your career
- A balanced career with a focus on wellness and sustainable lifestyle
The specific responsibilities of the Design Lead include:
- To drive end-to-end user experience design, including discovery, ideation, conception, detailed design, prototypes and validation across multiple products and areas
- Work across multiple cross-functional product teams, the Design Lead will seek to create and influence the creation of elegant user experience to create business impact (e.g., customer, employee and advisor engagement /productivity)
- Work closely with digital factory executives, Product Leads, Product Managers, Engineering Leads along with marketing and business stakeholders to design and deliver user-centric experiences
- Lead a team of UX/UI Designers in leveraging creative and holistic thinking to provide an engaging and intuitive user experience for digital products
- Mentor designers within the UX/UI team, helping them set and achieve satisfying career goals
- Grow the organizational design capabilities through introducing design thinking across the organization and recruiting and hiring new designers.
- Implement a culture and principles within the team that prioritize inclusion, innovation and teamwork, while setting new standards in executional and operational excellence
- Lead user research, persona development, usability testing, contextual inquiry, and task analysis
- Constantly monitor analytics, customer feedback, digital banking leaders and best practices to practice insight-driven optimization and innovation
- Collaboratively work with Product Leads, Product Managers to understand their digital product roadmaps and requirements and to ensure UX is tightly integrated into the roadmaps. Ensuring that there is a strategic UX vision for the organisation, which will be actualized over time through evolutionary, iterative updates.
- Work with cross-functional product development teams to build designs that meet those requirements – including design specification documents, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, etc.
- Develop, communicate and enforce a Design System which incorporates user experience and user interface guidelines for each digital solutions
As the ideal candidate for this role you have:
- Extensive design experience (6+ years) in a digital product environment
- Experience with designing quality consumer products, as well as enabling business capability and objectives through technology
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who is self-motivated, but also a team player with a professional presence
- Experience with conducting user research, usability testing, A/B testing, interface design, rapid prototyping, agile product development
- Knowledge of Agile software development process
- Well-rounded user-centered design portfolio that spans some combination of web, mobile, tablet, TV, and wearables.
- Graphical and Visual design skills, including hands on experience with diverse set of software such as Sketch app, Adobe suite, OmniGraffle, Balsamiq, Axure, Invision, Framer or other tools for graphic design, visual design and prototyping
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or equivalent area