Application Deadline! Applications for this post are now closed
M-Changa, a mobile money based fundraising platform, was created to build on the financial smoothing and risk sharing mechanisms already happening daily over mobile money. Our platform is used by over 400,000 people for customary events and causes including medical care, disasters, funerals and weddings.
Thundafund is the leading African Online Crowdfunding marketplace for creatives and innovators. Headquartered in South Africa, Thundafund has now started expanding across Africa, starting with Kenya.
Together with our partner Thunderfund, M-Changa is currently looking for a Senior Python developer to help expand our core products (mobile and web) and experiment with new engagement features including IVR, machine learning, and others as required.
Our winning candidate must have:
- A minimum of three years’ experience building, deploying and maintain Python applications to Google Cloud
- Deep understanding of web services (REST, SOAP & JSON)
- A minimum of one year of experience programming as part of a small or medium sized team with high expectations in terms of coding quality, documentation and project management.
Other Skills We’re Looking For:
- Expertise in at least one popular Python framework (Django, Flask)
- Knowledge of object-relational mapping (ORM)
- Familiarity with front-end technologies (AngularJS, and HTML5)
- Willingness to learn on the job, admit mistakes and learn from failure.
- Creative and critical thinker
- Exceptional project management skills
- Experience working with large MYSQL databases
- Willingness to travel outside of Kenya, including Uganda, Tanzania, and South Africa.
- Experience with PHP (Laravel/CI frameworks)
- Experience building for and deploying to AWS, LAMBDA, and RDS
- Migration of applications from one cloud environment to another
- Multi-tenant environments
- You'll be working on the cutting edge of the mobile fundraising space.
- You'll be involved in projects with big brands including East African banks and Africa-wide brands.
- Minimum Salary of KES100,000
- Awesome Working Environment