Application Deadline! Applications for this post are now closed
WE WANT YOU
Are you a coder that loves big challenges? Have you dreamed of building solutions that solve problems nobody else is brave enough to take on? Are you daring enough to be responsible for transforming the lives of millions through tech? We’re looking for a brave and inspired developer to induct into our cabal of software engineering royalty.
We are a company of visionaries, daring dreamers and tech luminaries, passionate about creating value. We take on big challenges by asking important questions: How can Governments improve service delivery? How can value chains in retail & agriculture be transformed to drive prices down and ensure food security? Can business processes be re-engineered and workflows in construction automated to ensure safer buildings? Can machine learning and robotics be used to manage warehouses? These are some of the issues you’d help us resolve, through technology. Dare to solve the big problems today, so that future generations won’t have to struggle with the same challenges.
- Have experience with or able to learn Elixir (A functional programming language)
- Participate in agile processes including Sprint planning, daily scrums, reviews and retrospectives
- Write code using best industry practises to ensure good performance
- Write testable and well commented code
- Work with the team to enhance deployment processes and monitoring to improve uptime > Have fun while doing all that
- 3+ years in web based software development
- Proven track record in building web-based software
- Clear understanding of web-based software, standards and best practices i.e. HTTP protocol, security best practices
- Experience in a functional programming language is a big plus, Elixir is preferred
- Good working experience with relational databases, experience with Postgresql is preferred
- Knowledge of non-relational databases
- Unix/Linux servers for deployment and running of web based applications
- Working knowledge of load balancing and web servers e.g. Haproxy, Nginx
- Strong understanding of HTML and CSS to integrate design elements into web applications.