Application Deadline! Applications for this post are now closed
Who We Are
Educartis is the largest web-based education information portal in Africa. We support the need for professional guidance and efforts to upskill learners in an ever-changing workforce and economic landscape. Safe, secure and easy-to-navigate, the two-sided information-sharing tool connects local education providers with learners in the region.
We partner with higher education providers by expanding their reach to prospective learners, creating awareness of their programs and increasing their operational capacity. Learners benefit from a platform that allows them to discover, apply and even enroll into courses best suited for their career and professional needs.
What We Are Looking For
As the General Manager for Educartis in Kenya, you will have the unique opportunity to develop and scale our education platform in one of our key African markets.
We are looking for someone who has a strong mix of operational capacity to get great work done, the negotiation and collaboration skills needed to bring out the best from our education partners and the emotional intelligence required to lead a fast paced business and inspire a team of people.
As a General Manager, you will define and deliver the business strategy and objectives for Educartis Kenya. You will be instrumental in developing, analyzing and drawing market insights from the local environment in order to drive business success.
As a General Manager you will be responsible to:
- Grow and lead a team of smart and passionate people towards growing the Educartis business in Kenya
- Set mission and strategy with the team and oversee the results-driven execution locally
- Work cross-functionally: collaborate with the Educartis product, marketing, data and engineering teams to communicate product and process needs to grow the business in Kenya
- Understand education institution needs and what Educartis needs to do to serve those needs
- Analyze local performance and diagnose problems and areas of opportunity for improvement
- Initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns targeted both at learners and education providers
- Engage with local regulatory and political stakeholders within the education ecosystem
- Provide regular reporting to the management team on the business results and key drivers of metrics for the business
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
- 6+ years of Management experience in operations, strategy, technology, business development or similar area [P&L ownership is a plus]
- Strong sales and business development experience and experience with delivering on sales targets
- Effective project management - experience delivering on a multifaceted projects with many stakeholders
- Strong relationship building skills and the ability to create partnerships - from negotiation to execution
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills and ability to influence
- Ability to work both at the big picture level for the overall business, as well as the ground level to gather insights or drive execution
- Knowledge of the local education industry, including key players, market trends, government policies etc. (preferred)
- Experience working with remote teams (preferred)