The holder of this position will be responsible for the development and maintenance of applications targeted at a vast number of diverse Android devices. The primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. The holder of the position will be trained, mentored and work alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to team work, collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
Reports to Lead Developer
Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must possess the following minimum qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or a related field
2. A minimum of one previous industry attachment.
3. Proven working experience in Android app development.
4. Have published at least one original Android apps
5. Experience working with Android SDK
6. Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
7. Experience working with third-party libraries and APIs
8. Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
Duties and Responsibilities