Application Deadline! Applications for this post are now closed
Innova Limited is looking for a full stack .NET engineer that is first and foremost a problem solver.
The opportunity is on a fulltime contract basis after a 3-month probation period.
The job will entail the following:
- Maintaining and adding new features to a suite of internally developed Financial Markets software applications and services.
- Bug fixes.
- R&D, prototyping and POCs for new features or implementations and features that have been flagged for improvement.
- Documentation of existing and new code base features and changes.
- Writing tests (unit & UI) for the code base.
- Managing applications and services deployment tools and scripts.
- 1 – 2 years working experience.
- Your understanding of other languages such as VB.NET, R, Java, Python etc. will be an added advantage.
- An Understanding of Windows Desktop applications development. Your work will entail porting applications using windows forms to asp.net & asp.net core.
- Working knowledge of MS SQL Server and PostgreSQL databases. Knowledge in other DBMSs including document databases will be an added advantage.
- Working knowledge using Entity Framework ORM, ADO.Net & ODBC database engines & libraries.
- Proficiency in using version control tools, preferably git.
- An understanding of micro service architecture and distributed systems.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to the company and industry requirements is critical for this role.
- You will be required to do quite a lot of R&D, prototyping and POCs as part of your daily job. “Not knowing is not a problem as long as it does not stop there”.
- Our development cycle is heavily dependent on working as a team. You will therefore be required to be a team player both within the engineering department and other departments that are stakeholders in the department’s input and output.
- Problem solver: One of our mottos is “Not all problems are solved by writing code”.
NB: Include a short but adequate description of projects that you have worked on before. Be sure to highlight what you consider your best work. We are interested in knowing any unique challenges that you might have experienced in the development process of the mentions projects and how you approached solving them.