About Nakala Analytics
Nakala Analytics Ltd is a data analytics startup company specializing in Business Analytics and Data Engineering operating in Kenya. We develop and implement decision support tools that help smart businesses analyze data efficiently and effectively. We are seeking for an experienced SOFTWARE DEVELOPER DATA SYSTEMS to work with us. This role provides exposure to internal workings of analytical models deployment and at the same time challenges one’s technical quotient on how to extend these internal models to run them for large scale use cases. As a Data Developer, you will contribute in driving innovation in the data science and automation space. Perfect for those interested in big data processing and automation using python. We love effective, simple code and challenge each other on quality.
The candidate is expected to have a passion for debating over the whiteboard and think a few years ahead. This was, you have an opportunity to build a forward-looking cluster of technology-based tools and continue to evolve the tech stack using the best tools the industry has to offer.The job requires hands on experience with mission critical production systems, working under tight deadlines and proving appropriate support
How to Apply
- SW Development: Develop programs/scripts/APIs aimed towards driving efficiency, sharing and visibility within the organization.
- Team Work: Collaborate with our clients team to develop, test, and support integration solutions.
- SW Testing: Test all aspects of analysis, design, development, deployment and maintenance of the data solutions.
- Debugging: Provide vision for enhancements, and triage bugs when needed
- Documentation: Provide all documentation as needed
- Analytics Automation: Assist in developing/automating daily, weekly and monthly standard reports as needed.
- Experience: 3+ years’ experience working
- Programming Skills: R, Python, SQL & Bash
- Story Telling: You excel in storytelling with data, and making recommendations, in addition to observations.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytics Stack: You have experience with data and analytics technology vendors and ecosystems
- Data processing: Strong experience with data processing using pandas dataframes
- Python, R, SQL, PostgreSQL
- Python Restful API
- Analytical & critical thinking: Capable of evaluating risks, processes and data with strong analytical and critical thinking skills, in order to identify potential issues and improvements that add value for the client.
- Detailed & global visions: Ability to have strong attention to details and ability to have a global vision of a business/process.
Communication and interpersonal skills
- Communication skills are necessary to articulate insight gained from analysis, by expressing the work done both orally and in writing, in an accurate, clear and concise manner.
- Collaboration with line of business clients to achieve objectives.
- Business knowledge: Knowledge and keen interest in the company’s business, priorities and industry trends.
- Technology alignment: Understanding how technology can be leveraged to solve business problems.
Soft Skills: We are looking for people with:
- Curiosity, interest and capacity to continuously improve.
- Initiative, autonomy and fast integration in professional teams.
- Strong ethical standards and high levels of integrity.
To apply, send the following details
- Motivation letter
- Career vision letter
- Latest CV
- 3 Referees preferably your previous supervisors
Interview Process (Max 3 weeks)
- Psychometric Test
- Technical Test
- Phone Interview
- Physical Interview
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis
To apply, follow the link