Duties and Responsibilities
- To gather and document requirements for new systems or new functionality from the relevant departments
- To develop and propose new and/or modify existing systems to meet the requirements of various University departments
- To provide technical and functional supervision during change and/or implementation of new/old systems.
- To provide user support for respective systems.
- To develop interfaces between systems as the need arises.
- To ensure that proper technical and user documentation is maintained for all systems
- To provide analytical information/reports from systems as required.
- To maintain the code repository for respective systems.
- To ensure that regular backups and restoration tests are carried out as per laid down policy for all systems.
- To conduct the role of application and systems administrator.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Demonstrable proficiency in Java Programming Language. Knowledge of MVC tools/frameworks such as Spring, Spring boot etc. is an added advantage
- Demonstrable proficiency in relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle
- Linux system administration
- Desirable – Knowledge of: virtualization software (VMware, Citrix), version control (SVN, GIT)
- Relevant hands- on experience in systems development
- Self-driven; results–oriented; team player; problem solving focus; technical zeal; strong time management/organizational skills; hardworking; self-discipline and drive; high integrity and ethical standards; good interpersonal/communication skills
How to Apply
- Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting “ Assistant Systems Developer – Academic Systems” on the subject line to [email protected] by 21st May 2019.
- Kindly indicate your Salary Expectation.