A person holding this position uses his or her knowledge of web coding standards, user interface design, information architecture, usability and accessibility to develop and support web applications and perform project task assignments. This person designs, codes, documents, tests, and debugs web applications. The person must have an in-depth understanding of the software development lifecycle and be able to communicate project status, issues, and resolutions.
Develop innovative, interactive web sites and data driven web applications.
- Work closely with Project Managers and other members of the Development Team to both develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines and to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- To build and refine graphic designs for websites. Must have strong skills in Photoshop, Fireworks, or equivalent application(s)
- Convert raw images and layouts from a graphic designer into CSS/XHTML themes.
- Determine appropriate architecture and other technical solutions and make relevant recommendations to clients.
- Communicate to the Project Manager with efficiency and accuracy any progress and/or delays.
- BS in computer science or a related field
- Advanced knowledge and skill in the design, coding, documentation, testing, and debugging of web sites and web applications
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases and of relational database management systems (Postgres knowledge is an added advantage)
- Advanced knowledge and skill in the use of Structured Query Language (SQL) for data retrieval, data manipulation and the creation and modification of database objects.
- Must be a self-starter who is able to identify and resolve problems with limited instruction.