Who we are
Shortlist is a recruitment technology startup based in Nairobi and Mumbai. Shortlist helps companies source and screen talent using technology, data science, and applied psychology. We offer both technology products and recruitment services to help growing businesses build great teams.
The role is cool!
Join Shortlist for a rewarding experience owning design on multiple products used by over 400,000 young professionals and over 300 companies across the globe! Work across UI/UX and create excellent work filled with empathy. Spend the day with the product geeks and techies of the company, while bonding with the team. We use Sketch and Zeplin to create and share designs.
What you'll do
Own feature requests from end to end - user research to post-launch testing and feedback.
- Work closely with product and tech teams to understand business needs and design cool solutions on web and mobile
- Coordinate with key stakeholders in the company to gather requirements and get feedback
- Carry out extensive research - learn about competitors and get a deeper understanding about users
- Actively contribute to each stage of the product development process - think through features, build user flows, wireframes, prototypes and handover final designs to the tech team for development
- Create compelling visual designs with a strong focus on empathy and follow an iterative design approach based on feedback
- Actively test features pre and post launch with users to validate design decisions
- Design for web and mobile platforms
Does this sound like you?
- A UI/UX designer with 4-6 years of experience
- Based in Nairobi, Kenya (preferred) or Mumbai/Hyderabad, India
- Worked on UI/UX Design across web and app
- Kind & thoughtful
- Empathetic towards users’ needs, pain points, and personalities
- Loves understanding user journeys
- Excellent aesthetic
- Initiative taker and fast learner
- Great team player
- Enjoys fast-paced environments
- Balances multiple projects daily
- Does lots of research
- Does user testing/interviews
- Coordinate with teams across Mumbai, Hyderabad, and Nairobi
- Have fun!
Don’t have all the right experience but think you can learn fast and have what it takes? We’d love to get to know you!
How to Apply
Please click here to apply!