Application Deadline! Applications for this post are now closed
The Company is a leading ICT provider of medical scheme administration and automation solutions.
The Company’s proposition includes achieving a distinct positive impact to medical schemes with improved utilization and better clinical experience to the medical scheme administrators and Healthcare stakeholders.
The aspect of achieving better clinical experience, clinical data compliance and analytics is of importance not only to medical scheme administrators but also to key stakeholders such as the Healthcare providers, Ministry of Health, AKI, IRA, KHA amongst others. It will be the primary responsibility of the Medical Data Officer to achieve this.
This role is an entry level role reporting to the Team leader but with close interactions with other functions in the organization. It is also a regional role which will interact and operationalize the clinical data and systems strategies and tasks with the regional countries in East Africa.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Carry out initiatives that will enhance the quality and completeness of data at various points.
- Clinical data compliance and accuracy monitoring and evaluation.
- Implement alternative solutions on the Company’s platform including but not limited to defining clinical data standards and comparing and analyzing data
- Preparing and presenting clear, concise, thorough, meaningful, and grammatically correct written reports, letters, memoranda, and other documents.
- Evangelizing the company’s medical automation technologies, solutions and services in various forums including closing leads and generating revenue.
- Keep the management team informed of the latest advances and best practices in Healthcare informatics.
- Uphold privacy on the Company data laws and clinical data including processes/standards on patient data confidentiality.
- Involvement in implementation of common medication and clinical standards including ICD10/11, CPT, Snomed etc
- Act as liaison between Smart and Key stakeholders in clinical data sphere which include KEMSA, NASCOP, PPB, KMA, KMPDB amongst others.
- Work with available data to provide analytical insights in relation to healthcare trends.
- Bachelor of science/Diploma in Health Records and information management/ informatics, registered Nurse with Bachelor of Science/ Diploma in Health Information Management System, Diploma/Bachelors of Science in Nursing, with at least 2 years’ experience with a clear understanding of medical operations and clinical data.
- Must be registered with relevant regulatory authority
- IT Proficiency especially in the Microsoft Office suite with an emphasis on Microsoft Word and Excel
- Interest in IT, automation of various medical aspects and health informatics.
- Having worked previously in an Insurance Company is an added advantage
Skills, knowledge, and abilities
- Have broad knowledge and understanding of common clinical products, services & medical guidelines
- Have prior experience in using electronic medical records systems.
- In-depth knowledge of legal medical guidelines and medicine best practices
- Advanced proficiency in various computer applications, e.g. word processing, excel spreadsheet, database management and presentation software.
- Strong and well developed analytical and report writing skills and attention to details
- Quick learner with demonstrated product knowledge and professionalism.
- Excellence in problem solving skills
- Excellent Customer service, communication and interpersonal skills – both written and verbal.
- Proactive and highly organized, with strong time management and planning skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, heavy workloads and remain calm under pressure with a high degree of individual responsibility.