Ujuzi Code is a team of passionate developers, designers and creatives working in mobile and web apps. We collaborate with clients to establish bold & effective systems. At Ujuzi Code we are dedicated to delivering the best in mobile apps and web based solutions for business growth and automation.
We are looking for an experienced Back-end developer to join our team. You will be responsible for the server side of our web applications. If you have excellent programming skills and a passion for developing applications or improving existing ones, we would like to meet you.
As a Back-end developer, you’ll work closely with other developers to ensure system consistency and improve user experience. Ultimately, you should be able to develop and maintain functional and stable web applications to meet our company’s needs.
- Building scalable websites and applications in PHP and MySql database.
- Knowledge of Git and proper branching methodologies
- Extending existing projects
- Developing experimental web and responsive mobile applications
- Database designing and adequate knowledge of relational database systems, object oriented programming and web application development.
- Create, test, troubleshoot and maintain the product code and databases to ensure strong optimization and seamless functionality.
- Has to contribute in all levels of development cycle.
- Develop and deploy and change requests or new features.
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core code and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
- Creating website layout/user interfaces by using standard html/css practices
- Integrating data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Proven software development experience in any of PHP, CI, Laravel and YII.
- Understanding of ecommerce projects like Magento (CE and EE)
- Good knowledge of relational databases, version control tools and of developing web services.
- Basic knowledge of search engine optimization process.
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques and follow industry best practices.
Competencies and Skills
- Creative design skills
- Experience with USSD
- We are looking for a hands-on full stack web developer who breathes and lives on technology and creates great web applications - from database schema design decision to tweaking CSS, you will have a hand in all levels of the software stack.
- Strong on frameworks like Laravel and CodeIgniter
- Experience in e-commerce platforms, payment gateway integration & operations will be a big advantage especially, on content-heavy platforms.
- Ability to decipher and write complex database queries for analysis
- Understanding of REST API/ JSON is a plus
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
- Understanding of scalability issues and their solutions
- Work independently, take ownership of activities and drive to completion
- Flexible to work in startup environment and culture; comfortable in multi-tasking
- Need to be articulate with a high degree of written & oral communication skills.
- Should be inquisitive and a lateral thinker.
- Experiences in developing web based applications in MVC architecture.
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Knowledge and experience with API development is a must.
Education / Qualification
- 3+ years of front & back end web development
- Enthusiastic about meeting deadlines, maintenance, support & performance optimization.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- People with start-up experience are highly preferred.
- Must be a positive team player and self-driven and motivated.
How to Apply
Send your CV to [email protected] with the Subject of the e-mail being Back End Developer