Application Deadline! Applications for this post are now closed
KaziQuest is a Nairobi based startup that’s on a mission to provide companies with an all-round solution for their recruiting needs. We are building the next generation recruiting software that offers more than just applicant management. You will join our world-class team and be responsible for launching KaziQuest to 100s of businesses and millions of job seekers across Kenya and other emerging markets. As one of the first employees at KaziQuest, you’ll be in control of your destiny as well as being an instrumental influence in shaping our culture.
Who You Are
You are an engineer whose work shows that you excel at learning. You are proud of your ability to write clean, clear code that is easy for others to understand and work with. You are opinionated about your development tools (e.g. git) and you know how to use them. You enjoy putting your head down and writing code, but you're aware that your job isn't only about shipping code: you are a great teammate that knows how to communicate with all your project's stakeholders in order to provide great software that keeps your users happy.
- Enthusiasm for building great web applications
- Very strong with Unix / Linux systems. Experience with the command line is necessary
- Strong understanding of OOP, design patterns and modular programming
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of REST APIs, from both an implementation and development perspective
- Experience with analyzing and tuning database queries
- Solid experience managing development workflows using version control systems like Git and Subversion with Git as a preference
- Have the personality to thrive in a startup environment - including proactive problem-solving and self-management.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited university
- Bonus: Experience in predictive analysis and machine learning
- Strike the right balance between writing perfect code and delivering it quickly
- Participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including definition, design, implementation, data tracking, testing, delivery and support
- Ability to be self-starting and do independent research and learn new technologies
It would also be music to our ears if:
- You have experience of one or more of the following: TensorFlow, Keras, Docker, Kubernetes, Chef, scikit-learn
What We Offer You
- An Environment where you can expect your teammates to support your growth goals
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules