OkHi is a Nairobi based startup that’s on a mission to enable the 4 billion people without a physical address to, “be included”. We are building the next generation of an address system in order to increase commerce through better logistics, save lives through improved emergency services and grow access to finance through a better identity system.
You will join our world class team and be responsible for launching OkHi to 100s of businesses and millions of consumers across Kenya and other emerging markets. If you are motivated by using your development skills to solve a global problem and have a huge impact on the world, then we would love to hear from you.
We’re backed by world-class investors, including Nate Blecharczyk the co-founder of AirBnb, Patrick Pichette the ex-CFO of Google and iNovia a Silicon Valley based Venture Capital business.
Who You Are
- You are energised by working with and supporting developers from other companies
- You enjoy helping others problem solve their technical issues
- You enjoy collaborating in small, fast-moving product teams in a startup environment
- You’ve worked in an Agile / Scrum environment
- You aim to design and write software with simplicity in mind
- You are extremely motivated to receive and provide feedback
What You Will Be Doing
- Define and build internal APIs for OkHi’s product team and external APIs for our business customers
- Support our business customers with clear documentation and timely technical support
- Maintain our software infrastructure to ensure 99.9% uptime and scalability across continents serving tens of millions of people
- Participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including definition, design, implementation, data tracking, testing, delivery and support
- Run Quality Assurance testing across our server-side products
- Minimum 3 years experience building quality APIs
- Experience architecting and building ExpressJS / NodeJS applications is a strong asset
- Very strong with Unix / Linux systems. Experience with command line is necessary
- Experience with MongoDB is an asset
- Experience with ELK is an asset
- Experience with Geo location data analytics tools is an asset (Elastic Maps, Mongomaps, Carto etc)
- Experience with AWS tools is an asset
What We Offer You
- An Environment where you can expect your teammates to support your growth goals
- Excellent benefits package which includes medical cover, computer hardware budget
- Daily breakfast and lunches cooked by our own Chef!
- Flexible work hours and excellent holiday package
- Competitive salary and share options