Farwell Innovations is a Software development company that develops software solutions to enable businesses increase revenues, reduce their OPEX and improve operational efficiency. We are looking for a proactive self-motivated developer with a passion for developing business solutions in line with our core business and vision.
The expected duties and technical requirements include:-
- A degree in computer science software engineering or related field.
- At least 2 years of hands on experience in software development with professional knowledge of software engineering. SOLID principles, Software architecture, OOP, test driven development.
- Experience in one the following languages: PHP, Python , Java with a bias towards PHP.
- Experience in server (cloud and physical) management and infrastructure is an added advantage.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of MVC design pattern frameworks. Yii2, Laravel 5 and AngularJS.
- Expertise in HTTP and REStFul services.
- Knowledge and experience with version control.
- Knowledge of popular CMS's and LMS's. Wordpress, Drupal, Moodle.
- Some background / experience in project management is a plus.
- Building web-based, PHP centric, applications that are robust, scalable, and elegant.
- Contribute to testing and architectural discussions impacting our software solutions.
- Continuously update, expand and maintain existing products.
- Ability to develop solutions to time and budget – proven track record in task and time management
- Good communication – verbal and written – and ability to write accurate reports and produce quality documentation to support development activities.
- Attention to detail – ability to adhere to graphic design, UI/UX concepts and to replicate exact user requirements.
- Provide support for Farwell solutions prioritising the solution’s impact on clients’ businesses.
- Support the Account management staff by contributing a technical perspective to customer solutions whenever required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good presentation skills – ability to articulate technical solutions to non-technical clients both face to face and remotely
If this describes you and your credentials meet the above requirements, we’d be pleased to hear from you.
How to Apply
Please write to us at [email protected] by 28th February 2017 with your cover letter, CV and project portfolio. Please put in the subject line of your e-mail as Senior Applications Developer. Ensure that your CV describes your background and experience as related to the job responsibilities and skills.