Application Deadline! Applications for this post are now closed
Farwell Innovations is a Software development company that develops software solutions to enable businesses increase revenues, reduce their OPEX and improve operational efficiency. We are looking for a proactive self-motivated developer with a passion for developing business solutions in line with our core business and vision.
The expected duties and technical requirements include:-
- A degree in computer science software engineering or related field.
- At least 2 years of hands on experience in software development with professional knowledge of software engineering. SOLID principles, Software architecture, OOP, test driven development.
- Experience in one the following languages: PHP, Python , Java with a bias towards PHP.
- Experience in server (cloud and physical) management and infrastructure is an added advantage.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of MVC design pattern frameworks. Yii2, Laravel 5 and AngularJS.
- Expertise in HTTP and REStFul services.
- Knowledge and experience with version control.
- Knowledge of popular CMS's and LMS's. Wordpress, Drupal, Moodle.
- Some background / experience in project management is a plus.
- Building web-based, PHP centric, applications that are robust, scalable, and elegant.
- Contribute to testing and architectural discussions impacting our software solutions.
- Continuously update, expand and maintain existing products.
- Ability to develop solutions to time and budget – proven track record in task and time management
- Good communication – verbal and written – and ability to write accurate reports and produce quality documentation to support development activities.
- Attention to detail – ability to adhere to graphic design, UI/UX concepts and to replicate exact user requirements.
- Provide support for Farwell solutions prioritising the solution’s impact on clients’ businesses.
- Support the Account management staff by contributing a technical perspective to customer solutions whenever required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good presentation skills – ability to articulate technical solutions to non-technical clients both face to face and remotely
If this describes you and your credentials meet the above requirements, we’d be pleased to hear from you.