Application Deadline! Applications for this post are now closed
M-Changa, a mobile money based fundraising platform, was created over two years ago to build on the financial smoothing and risk sharing mechanisms already happening daily over mobile money. Our platform is used by over 100,000 people for customary events and causes including medical care, disasters, funerals and weddings.
We are currently looking for two full-time software developers to help expand our core products (mobile and web), lead bank integrations and experiment with new engagement features including IVR, geo-location, others as required.
Our winning candidates must have:
A minimum of two years of experience in programming as part of a team with high expectations in terms of coding quality, documentation and project management.
Other things we are looking for:
- Experience being a "product owner" for a high volume service.
- Willingness to learn on the job, admit mistakes and learn from failure.
- Creative and critical thinker
- A "Can do" Attitude
- Team Player
- Exceptional project management skills
- A history of working with and managing Premium Rate Service Providers (PRSPs), and other API gateways used for payment, SMS and USSD.
- Experience maintaining large MYSQL databases and working with database administrators.
- Willingness to travel outside of Kenya, including Uganda, Tanzania, Zimbabwe and Europe.
- You'll be working on the cutting edge of the mobile fundraising space.
- You'll be involved in projects with big brands including East African banks and Africa-wide brands.
- Regular Leave after Coding Sprints
- Starting salary of KES 90,000 to 115,000 per month depending on experience. Quarterly Bonuses.
- Health Insurance after three month probation period.
- Awesome Working Environment
M-CHANGA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND WILL NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY EMPLOYEE OR APPLICANT ON THE BASIS OF GENDER, AGE, COLOR, DISABILITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, TRIBE, RACE, RELIGION, OR SEXUAL ORIENTATION.