Application Deadline! Applications for this post are now closed
We are an international training and consultancy organization offering technical training and education services designed for individuals, and organizations working in the agriculture, climate change and environment; disaster management; education; food and nutrition; health; humanitarian relief; logistics and telecommunication; recovery and reconstruction; safety and security; water sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are looking for mobile app developers to design, develop and maintain mobile apps. The developers will lead the entire app lifecycle right from concept stage until delivery and post launch support. The apps will be mainly content based and integrated closely with web sites.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Carry out assigned tasks as requested and remain focused on the job without losing track of the progress.
- Document activities and report on the progress.
- Deliver within assigned time limits and according to company’s standards
- Ensure delivery of high quality (defect-free) work that accurately meets specifications. Ensure consistency and attention to detail.
- Take charge of responsibilities and make the necessary decisions within the limits assigned.
- Find new and innovative solutions, workable ideas and concepts, open-minded and resourceful and able to come up with solutions and initiate activities to resolve problems
- Plan and design software products.
- Identify problems and translate them into practical solutions.
- Debug, test and troubleshoot system hardware and software, both locally and remotely.
ABOUT The Candidate
- Bachelor’s degrees in relevant field
- Minimum of 1-year professional android development experience
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for bench-marking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration