Application Deadline! Applications for this post are now closed
About the Role
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Carry out assigned tasks as requested and remain focused on the job without losing track of the progress.
- Document activities and report on the progress.
- Deliver within assigned time limits and according to company’s standards
- Ensure delivery of high quality (defect-free) work that accurately meets specifications. Ensure consistency and attention to detail.
- Take charge of responsibilities and make the necessary decisions within the limits assigned.
- Find new and innovative solutions, workable ideas and concepts, open-minded and resourceful and able to come up with solutions and initiate activities to resolve problems
- Plan and design software products.
- Identify problems and translate them into practical solutions.
- Debug, test and troubleshoot system hardware and software, both locally and remotely.
- Bachelor’s degrees in relevant field
- Minimum of 3-year professional android development experience
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for bench-marking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Familiarity with continuous integration