Application Deadline! Applications for this post are now closed
About the Role
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Ensure delivery of high quality (defect-free) work that accurately meets specifications. Ensure consistency and attention to detail.
- Take charge of responsibilities and make the necessary decisions within the limits assigned.
- Find new and innovative solutions, workable ideas and concepts, open-minded and resourceful and able to come up with solutions and initiate activities to resolve problems
- Plan and design software products.
- Identify problems and translate them into practical solutions.
- Debug, test and troubleshoot system hardware and software, both locally and remotely.
- 2 plus years’ experience in related field.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools. preferably Git
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Experience with GWT or Vaadin is preferred but not required
- Experience with Java preferred but not required