MEDIC MOBILE INC
Medic Mobile builds mobile and web tools for health workers, helping them provide better care that reaches everyone. Operating as a unique, nonprofit technology company, we develop free and open-source tools that can be adapted for specific uses, backed by evidence. Health workers currently use Medic Mobile to register every pregnancy, immunize infants against illnesses, track disease outbreaks faster, keep stock of essential medicines, and communicate about emergencies. Medic Mobile works with implementing partners to deploy projects that leverage mHealth to impact health from the community level upwards.
We have an opening for the following position in our Africa Regional Office in Nairobi, and would like to invite applications from qualified candidates. Female candidates fitting the qualification criteria are strongly encouraged to apply!
TECHNICAL SUPPORT INTERN
As a Technical Support Intern at Medic Mobile, you will work closely with Software Developers, Tech Leads, Product Managers, Project Managers and Partnership Development Team to improve Medic Mobile product and service quality, in turn making Medic Mobile partner projects successful. This is a support role, driving resolution on escalated cases. More specifically, you will be part of the first tier support team providing post-deployment support on Medic Mobile products to end users and Medic Mobile implementing partners .
- Provide technical support to resolve user/partner issues on Medic Mobile products. Take ownership of issues reported and manage problems through to resolution
- Provide technical assistance and remote troubleshooting support as part of the support matrix.
- Diagnose and resolve cases in first/second tier support function. Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve partner/user issues and ensure proper recording and closure of all issues reported.
- Build and transfer knowledge to project managers and the technical teams at the partner premises. Develop and request new support tools to drive efficiency in resolving support cases and provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Escalate/provide reports to engineers, product managers, project managers and partnership development team to improve the product's vision/service delivery to make projects successful.
- Support product development: Work with Medic Mobile’s designers to describe mHealth pain points, needs and opportunities and to ensure these needs are addressed in Medic Mobile UI and UX
- Updating self-help documents so users/employees/partners can try to fix problems themselves
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Logging and managing records of queries
- Analysing issue logs to spot common trends and underlying problems
How to Apply
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics; equivalent combination of education and no or “zero” prior working experience required. We’re looking for fresh graduates who would like to grow into full technical/engineer roles.
- Be a technology power user, excited to learn even more
- Have knowledge of relational databases, Postgres and MySQL
- Have experience/knowledge with data analysis and data visualization languages R/Matlab/Python
- Have experience/knowledge of using command-line tools on Linux (preferred) or another UNIX-like operating system.
- Be committed to frequent and timely communication, both in person and online (via email, Internet Relay Chat, and other online chat applications).
- Have interest in working with and learning from a globally distributed team of mHealth technology experts.
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to pass on information clearly to users and to grasp difficulties perceived by users.
- Strong customer service orientation that establishes a good working relationship with partners, with the attitude of wanting to assist people and pass-on their knowledge and experience to others.
- Ability to work under high pressure, meet deadlines, monitor and follow-up on pending matters under minimum supervision.
If this role inspires and intrigues you, please get in touch. Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Please send an email with subject line: “Africa Region - Technical Support Intern” a copy of your current resume, along with a cover letter to Richard at [email protected] with a copy to [email protected] . Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible, as interviews will be held on a rolling basis until the role is filled.