CampBuni is a five day (6th-10th August) come-and-go camp that focuses on teaching youth aged 13-18 yrs design thinking, critical thinking, problem solving, leadership and pitching skills. The camp aims at having students co-create solution to problems their local communities face while leveraging technology and innovation tools.
The goals of the camp are:
- To provide participants with skills that they can use to identify more creative and sustainable solutions to real challenges in their local communities.
- To provide the support needed to initiate and scale an innovative venture.
The programme will focus on the innovate4environment theme, guided bySTEAM(Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) approach. During the camp, students will engage with some tools like Arduino, Makey Makey, andempathy exercises like the blind-fold Arrow and Cogwheel game to aid in learning of the creative process.
The participants will also be challenged to come up with ideas and develop them along the programme’s five-day timeline.
The objectives of this camp are to:
- Have participantsmerge academic concepts taught at school with design thinking skillsintroduced at the camp to develop real life innovative solutions.
- Have participants be in a position to generate ingenious solutions from scarce resources.
- Outstanding confidence presentation/delivery skills of their projectssolving different problems.
- Exposure to seed-funding opportunities to grow innovative projects into fully fledged social ventures solving today’s and tomorrow’s problems as well as opportunities for higher learning to advance them.
- Instill asolid entrepreneurship and design thinking platformfor the participants that will come in handy.
- Introduceopen source prototyping tools. Arduino and Makey Makey kitsthat they will use even after the camp to prototype their solutions.
This year's edition of CampBuni will be taking place at the iHub, 6th Floor, Senteu Plaza, Galana road. Fees per student is capped at Ksh. 4,000 to cater for expenses for the camp. The fees will cater for space, meals and materials offered. The camp will be led by lead facilitator, Leroy Mwasaru, aged 20—an award winning social entrepreneur and youngest honoree on this year's class of Forbes Africa 30 under 30.
Limited slots available. Book now!Register at: bit.ly/campbuni (or email [email protected])
Queries/Info: [email protected]