Below are some of this week’s opportunities:
Call For Applications - Launchpad Africa Accelerator
If you’re building a great business or product in Africa, Launchpad Accelerator Africa is looking for you!
Applications for the second class of Launchpad Africa Accelerator opened on the 8th of June and will run till 8th July. Startups can apply on g.co/launchpadafrica
For this batch, they are looking for seed-stage (and series A too) companies in any verticals from any of these countries: Algeria, Botswana, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Morocco, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zimbabwe.
Some of the value proposition to the startups are:
- Connection to the best of Google - people, networks, technology
- Program support for 3 months (incl. travel, PR)
- In depth practical mentorship
- Connecting startups to networks in other parts of Africa
- Technical trainings and support (AI/ML)
Intel Open Vino (AI Meetup)
You are invited to join the Intel AI Meetup at iHUB Nairobi on the 29th of June from 5:30-8:30 PM.
Come and learn how to develop applications and solutions that emulate human vision with the Open Visual Inference & Neural Network Optimization (OpenVINO™) toolkit. Based on convolutional neural networks (CNN), the toolkit extends workloads across Intel® hardware and maximizes performance.The toolkit:
- Enables CNN-based deep learning inference on the edge
- Supports heterogeneous execution across computer vision accelerators—CPU, GPU, Intel® Movidius™ Neural Compute Stick, and FPGA—using a common API
- Speeds time to market via a library of functions and preoptimized kernels
- Includes optimized calls for OpenCV and OpenVX*
We will also have a guest speaker to share their experiences on developing applications in the Machine Learning space.
Interested? Register HERE
Stay tuned for more opportunities!