Below are some of this week’s opportunities:
MIT SOLVE Challenge
Solve is a global community of private, public, and nonprofit leaders accelerating positive impact. Solve has opened the call for submissions for the next set of challenges: Coastal Communities, Frontlines of Health, Teachers and Educators, and Work of the Future.
- Coastal Communities - How can coastal communities mitigate and adapt to climate change while developing and prospering?
- Frontlines of Health - How can communities invest in frontline health workers and services to improve their access to effective and affordable care?
- Teachers & Educators - How can teachers and educators provide accessible, personalized, and creative learning experiences for all?
- Work of the Future - How can those most affected by the technology-driven transformations of work create productive and prosperous livelihoods for themselves?
Solve’s challenges are open to anyone with a relevant solution and the deadline to submit is July 1. Once the new Solver class is selected in September, Solve will then deploy its global community of private, public, and nonprofit leaders to form partnerships these tech entrepreneurs need to scale their impact.
If you have a relevant solution, please apply here and make sure to share widely with your networks.
Watson Build Business Partner Workshop
You are invited to the Watson Build Business Partner Workshop to be hosted at IBM Client Center, Nairobi - The Atrium, 4th Floor, Chaka Road.
Be a disruptor! Leverage your IP to create a next gen solution. Fast track your build with IBM Watson and Cloud services technology credits, exclusive access to IBM experts, and rich learning resources.
You’ve planned for your solution, now it’s time to build it. We will support you with technology credits and technical expertise.
- Welcome and Introduction
- Watson Build 2018 Overview and Cognitive Introduction - Nik Nesbitt, Country General Manager, IBM East Africa
- Introduction to Watson APIs & Demo - Yusuf Assenjee, Technical Sales Leader - IBM Central East & West Africa
- Business Plan Review - Ben Mann, Chief Operating Officer, IBM East Africa
Date: Wednesday 20th of June
Timing: 8:15 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. (Breakfast will be served)
The seats are limited and will be assigned on a first-come-first-served basis. Please use the link below to book your seat
Stay tuned for more opportunities!