We are happy to announce our 2018 mentors for our accelerator program, Traction Camp. Mentors are the most valuable resource to grow and accelerate your business. We have selected up to 25 individuals; experienced entrepreneurs, VCs, angels, and other leading industry experts, to provide our startups the best possible feedback, advice and network out there.
Entrepreneurs often spend hundreds of hours raising funds from angel and venture capital investors. While these activities are clearly important, analysis of new data on startups suggests that founders should also dedicate significant time to something that many people overlook: recruiting great mentors. This simple strategy can increase a company’s odds of success more than almost anything else.
A good mentor is as valuable for a startup as a good coach is for a rookie. They want you to succeed, are quick with advice, honest in their critiques and generous with their networks. We are so fortunate to have a talented group of mentors & coaches who are willing to volunteer their time and expertise to the entrepreneurs in our accelerator program. They come from diverse backgrounds and together theyrepresent a broad spectrum of competencies.
During the 6-month accelerator program, each startup will be paired with at least one mentor who will provide complete guidance throughout the program. The mentors will bring linkages to both local and international markets and specific domain expertise to best succeed in both markets. The startups are also free to reach out to any other mentor in the program for specific advice or linkage.
In addition to receiving mentorship from global and local experts, the startups in the program will learn through a tailor-made curriculum, increase their regional visibility, and get access to potential partners and investors.
Mentors are an important part of what makes Traction Camp Accelerator program great and successful. Thank you for your interest in giving your time and energy to our community.
Without further ado please join us in welcoming our amazing mentors to the #TractionCamp family.
- Michael Grey (Business Coach), Digital Entrepreneur Coach, Product/Venture Builder, & Founder @ IF Ventures
- Nyasha Mutsekwa (Business Coach), Digital Entrepreneur Coach and Mentor
- Danielle Anderson, Startup coach and investor
- Tonya Nyakeya, Ecosystem & Program Lead at IBM Research | Africa
- David Owino, Executive Director and Business Development Officer of the BCS Group
- Martin Njihia, CEO, Encarta Media Agency
- Mercy Mangeni, Impact Investment Network, Intellecap
- Angela Gachui, Africa Talent Manager, Dalberg Africa
- Ann Ichungwa, Finance and Administration, Wylde International
- John Kimathi, Principal, kEA Africa Consulting
- Shudhan Kohli, ,Managing partner Grey Elephant Ventures
- Mark Laichena, Kenya Country Director, GiveDirectly
- Anne Maguta, Director, Turquoise Solutions Ltd
- Tesh Mbaabu, Co-founder & CEO of Mesozi Inc
- Edward Ndegwa,CEO, Imagine IMC Ltd
- Bettirose Ngugi,Cloud Platform Consultant, Oracle Kenya
- Charles Nweke, Consultant, Appen Burtler Hill Inc
- Benson Omol, Founder, Bright Spark Media
- Piotr Piwowarczyk, Sales Consulting Manager, East Africa, Oracle
- Gauri Dutt Sharma, Vice President, PSPL
- Willy Simons, Managing Director, Spatiality
- Limo Taboi, Financial Director and Writer
- Campsteyn Merijn, Founder, Accounteer
- Awil Osman, Co-Founder and CEO of iRise Hub
- Andrew Kithika, Customer Success Associate, Yoco
- Tyler Goodwin, Founding Partner @ IF Ventures
- Celestine Ukpere, Business Development Director at Rekindle Learning
Curious to read more about the mentors? Read on.
Traction Camp Accelerator Program is backed by the World Bank Group’s infoDev programand supported by the governments of Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Kenya.