Slush Global Impact Accelerator Local Competition is back! The iHub is excited to be part of Slush this year. We will be hosting Slush Global Impact Accelerator 2017 local competition in August to select start-ups that will represent Kenya at Slush in November – December at Helsinki in Finland.
Kenyan startups are invited to apply to pitch at the Slush GIA local Event on 17th August2017. 10 startups will be shortlisted to pitch at the event. 3 finalists will be selected and stand a chance to attend this year’s Slush conference and global impact accelerator.
What is Slush? Slush Global Impact Accelerator (GIA) is a program created in collaboration with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland and other multiple partners globally. The purpose of the program is to support impact- driven startups and showcase the exciting business opportunities in emerging markets, which are also vital for implementing the Agenda 2030 and solving complex challenges. In addition, the program focuses on strengthening the networks between the impact actors, engaging the Nordic community with the global impact entrepreneurs, and enhancing the mobilization of capital towards impactful business.
GIA 2017 will bring impact-driven entrepreneurs from emerging markets to Helsinki to accelerate their business, attract additional financing, and build long-lasting networks. The program includes online pre-event coaching and Helsinki BootCamp program from November 25– December 2, 2017, culminating in Slush.
We are looking for impact startups that:
- Have the vision to solve pressing challenges globally
- Have a business idea that has gained some traction, but is still in an early phase
- Have a solution that supports the sustainable development goals (SDGs)
- Have potential to scale
- Have skills and drive to succeed
- Have at least one working prototype
What will GIA participants Receive?
- Online pre-mentoring program organized for all the selected participants.
- Helsinki boot camp program
- Skills workshops and capacity building with leaders from all around the world.
- Industry specific matchmaking sessions co-organized with the leading organizations.
- Access to Slush
How to Apply? Interested startups are required to fill in a short application form for the local competition at the iHub. The selected applicants will attend the local competition on 17th August from 4 pm, where they will pitch their business in front of a local panel of judges. The judges will shortlist 2-4 candidates, who will then fill in a more in-depth application form. The shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the Selection Committee for an interview. The final decision of the selection will be made by the Selection Committee based on the application form and interview.
- Vision to solve pressing challenges globally (A business concept that will have a measurable positive impact on people, society, or planet. There are no limitations in terms of sector or geographical focus.
- Potential to scale
- A business concept that will have a measurable positive impact on people, society, or planet
- Startup Phase; Early stage ( Revenue + funding less than 1 million pounds)
- Skills and drive to succeed;
- A business idea that has gained some traction, but can still be in an early phase;
- Attending Slush will benefit their future business activities
- Fluent English skills
We are looking for the next world-changing business ideas that directly address global development challenges. Do you have one? Apply for the program HERE. The deadline for submitting entries is on13th August 2017.
READ MORE at http://www.slush.org/gia/