Opportunities, activities, and events for entrepreneurs!
Below are some of this week’s opportunities;
Apply for Kenya’s First Testathon - A Hackathon For Testers
Global App Testing, with event sponsor Facebook, will host Kenya’s first ever Testathon – a hackathon for testers – on May 6th in Nairobi, Kenya.
A Testathon is like a hackathon but specifically for testers. Testathon events bring together the best testers in the country so they can learn top testing strategies, network and win prizes whilst attempting to break real apps.
The best testers will be awarded prizes for categories including ‘Best QA’ and ‘Best Quality Bug Report’.
For more information on the event and to apply visit: http://testathon.co
Apply for the Healthymagination Mother and Child Program
Miller Center, in partnership with GE, is launching the second healthymagination Mother and Child program to support social entrepreneurs building innovative solutions for maternal and child health care in sub-Saharan Africa. Through this program, they will offer 6+ months of pro bono support to social entrepreneurs building innovative solutions for maternal and child health care in sub-Saharan Africa.
Who Should Apply
- You are a leader of a for-profit, nonprofit, or hybrid enterprise
- Your organization has been in operation 2+ years
- You want to grow your impact
- You are creating solutions for maternal and child health care in sub-SaharanAfrica or work on technologies or infrastructure that support these services for mothers and children
What You Receive - at no cost to the entrepreneur
- Understand the business skills health care enterprises need to keep going and growing
- Receive weekly, in-depth mentoring from Silicon Valley executives
- Receive specialized support from senior level GE experts
- Build a stronger business plan
- Prepare a financial plan for growth
- Attain operational excellence
Apply by May 5 to receive pro bono executive mentorship and practical curriculum to help you scale up and increase your impact. Learn more here.
Apply HERE! Applications are due May 5th, 2017.
Apply for the 2017 PitchFest Competition
Do you have an innovative and creative idea that uses technology to solve some of Africa’s most challenging needs across the field of education?
The 2017 State of Education in Africa Conference will stage a competition between newly formed education-technology companies supporting African Education. PitchFest finalists will have the opportunity to make short pitches of their idea to conference attendees, including business, government and nonprofit leaders from around the globe.
To support next stage development for their business
- First prize winners will receive USD 2500
- Second place will receive USD 1500
- Third place will receive USD 1000
- Business/Company was legally formed no later than 1 March 2016.
- At least 50% owned by African nationals.
- Business/Company must be based and operate in Kenya.
- Business/Company exists to support needs of or solve a problem in the education field through the use of technology.
Applications will close April 19th. Finalists will be notified on April 24th.
Please see www.soeafrica.org/pitchfest/ for more information
Apply for the Google Launchpad Accelerator Program
Are you up for the challenge?
Have you and your team set out to address a real challenge for your home city, country, and region? Would you like to join an elite community of startups from around the world? Are you ready to scale your tech startup into a thriving, tech company by leveraging Google’s global reach and resources?
If you answered yes to ALL of these questions, apply now for Launchpad Accelerator, currently accepting applications from select countries in;
- Africa (Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa)
- Asia (India, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam)
- Europe (Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland)
- Latin America (Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia and Mexico)
Application deadline for Class 4 is Monday, April 24 by 9 am PD
“Launchpad Accelerator is a six-month acceleration program that includes mentorship and access to Google Product Managers, a startup package of equity- free support, product credits (e.g., Google Cloud), and access to our full suite of Launchpad initiatives and connections. This includes an all-expense-paid trip to Google HQ in Mountain View to collaborate with Google engineers/product managers and regional VCs”
Apply for the Arch Grants Global Startup Competition
The Arch Grants Global Startup Competition awards $50,000 equity-free cash grants and pro bono support services to startups. Arch Grants funds innovative and scalable businesses from all industries. The application is open from March 1st to May 15th.
Check back soon for more opportunities!