What is Slush?
Slush is Europe’s leading startup and technology event, which connects startups and tech talent with top-tier international investors, executives, and media. In 2015, Slush brought together 15,000 attendees from one hundred nations for a two day event held in Helsinki, Finland.
What is Global Impact Accelerator All About?
Slush Global Impact Accelerator is a program created in collaboration with the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland and multiple partners globally. The purpose is to create a leading global program to support startups that are looking to solve some of the most pressing global challenges and contributing to the discussion on impact investing.
Slush Global Impact Accelerator 2016 brings impactful entrepreneurs from emerging markets to Helsinki to accelerate their business, attract additional financing and make an even greater impact on their societies and beyond. The program includes online pre-event coaching and Helsinki boot camp program from November 22–December 2, 2016 culminating in Slush.
What will the Global Impact Accelerator Participants Receive?
- Online pre-mentoring program organised for all the selected participants;
- Helsinki boot camp program from November 22–December 2;
- Skills workshops and capacity building with the leaders from all around the world
- Industry specific matchmaking sessions co-organised with the leading organisations
- Transportation, accommodation and other program related costs will be covered by Slush.
- Access to Slush 2016
- Slush matchmaking tool for organizing 1-on-1 meetings with investors
- Opportunity to be featured in Slush 100 Pitching Competition & Slush Impact Showcase;
- Networking with NGOs, institutions, startups, media, and other stakeholders from the Nordics and beyond;
- Access to side events, such as Founders Day, organized during the Slush week.
How to Apply?
Interested individuals are required to fill in a short application form for the local competition at m:lab. The selected applicants will attend the local competition on 11th August, where they will pitch their business in front of a local panel of judges. The judges will shortlist 2-4 candidates, who will then fill in a more in-depth application form. The shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the Selection Committee for an interview. The final decision of the selection will be made by the Selection Committee based on the application form and interview.
- Vision to solve pressing challenges globally (A business concept that will have a measurable positive impact on people, society, or planet. There are no limitations in terms of sector or geographical focus.
- Potential to scale;
- Skills and drive to succeed;
- A business idea that has gained some traction, but can still be in an early phase;
- At least a working prototype;
- Preferably with the IT focus
- Can be commercial or non-profit but have to have a scalable business idea
- Attending Slush will benefit their future business activities
- Fluent English skills
We are looking for the next world-changing business ideas that directly addresses global development challenges. Do you have one? Apply for the program HERE. The deadline for submitting entries for the competition is 31st July 2016. We are looking for only 30 applicants.