UP Magazine and partners Airtel and Ciroc Vodka and the iHub UX Lab bring you DXD 2015, a platform that recognises and awards local changemakers and innovators
UP Magazine, Airtel Kenya and Croc launched the official call for entries to DXD 2015 (Disruption by Design Awards 2015) on the 19th February 2015, with a cocktail dinner on the fabulous terrace of the Zing Lounge at dusitD2.
The iHub UX Lab was the first of its kind in sub-Saharan Africa with a simple mission: to develop a design thinking culture and a user centred approach in solving problems. They bring their practitioners experience to the DXD team.
YOU CAN BE PART OF IT
Here is where you get to be a part of all the action. You can nominate yourself or your own startup or someone else NOMINATIONS
But you have to do it before the August 28th 2015 deadline
Join us for a Design Mixer at the iHub on Tuesday 4th August 2015 1700hrs. Sign up here
This year’s Grand Jury includes,
Teddy Kinyanjui, Nathan Masyuko,Ami Shah, Diana Opoti, Antonia Kihara, Jim Chuchu, Kamau Gachigi, Suki Kaloo, Annabel Onyango, Wanuri Kahiu, Balmoi Abe, Marion Wanyoike, Geraldine Hepp, Nik Jackson, Samantha Merritt
This year’s DXD awards include the following categories.
Design Categories for Submission:
- Architecture Design (Covering the built environment)
- Graphic Design (covering branding, packaging, typography, digital design, illustration, among others)
- Fashion Design (covering fabric, original design and finished product)
- AV -Audio Visuals Design (covering both asound and avisualcomponent)
- Interactive Design (covering web design, gaming, mobile interfaces)
- Tech Design (covering human‐based application and software solutions)
- Product Design (covering useful human based designs that improve life)
- Green Design (Covering designs that improve or enhance environment)