- Company: Yangoweb
- Deadline: Saturday 13th September 2014
- Location: Webuye - Eldoret
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity in the IT industry? Want to work on developing state of the art web focused software applications?
Yangoweb is an Australian company that develops web focused software using Ruby on Rails and PHP.
Yangoweb is seeking a PHP Programmer to be part of the IT Team. You will be initially based in Webuye and likely to be transferred to Eldoret within the next year.
MANDATORY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Degree in IT or related course with 2nd class upper and above (ability to demonstrate significant programming experience may be considered)
• Excellent academic record at degree level (especially in mathematics topics)
• A- average and above in KCSE
• Good knowledge of frameworks, the programmer will use Code-igniter
• Basic design of web pages using HTML5 and CSS3
• Understand the principles of software development life-cycle, including the agile development methodology
• Can demonstrate well written project reports in English
• Knowledgeable in relational database technologies, including MySQL & PostgreSQL
THE FOLLOWING WILL BE HIGHLY REGARDED
• Ability to setup and maintain linux servers, eg. Ubuntu server, centos and Redhat
• Can demonstrate ability to learn new technologies and grasp new concepts quickly
• Experience with Mobile phone
• Experience with GIT
• Writing Test Scripts – especially using selenium
• Experience with API driven applications
• 1st Class Honours at degree level
CANDIDATES MUST ALSO
• Be honest, reliable and responsible
• Have a strong ability to meet agreed deadlines
• Be customer focused
• Be able to work shifts when required to talk to overseas customers
• Be well spoken and have sound speaking and writing skills in English
• Be team players and able to work as part of a team
• Love programming and be able to demonstrate this through some of their previous work
How to apply
The successful applicants will be awarded above average base salary and significant bonuses based on performance. Recent graduates are also encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates who believe they can fulfil the criteria above are invited to send a job application to the HR Manager at email@example.com. The vacancies will remain open until filled.
• Grade Transcript
• Portfolio demonstrating some code you have written (and/or degree assignments) with links to demo.
• at least 2 referencesAny queries can be sent to the email above. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
- NRBUZZ: Using M-Health services to support home-based health care... Thursday 18th September 2014 5:30pm
- INTEL-SPONSORED GAME DEVELOPER MEETUP... Saturday 6th September 2014 10:00am
- PHP User Group... Tuesday 2nd September 2014 5:30pm
- HOW DO YOU DEVELOP YOUR SOFTWARE... Wednesday 3rd September 2014 6:00pm