Java Developer 2
- Company: Mobile Accord
- Deadline: Sunday 13th July 2014
- Location: Nairobi
Are you looking for an opportunity to have your work directly impact social change the world over?
Mobile Accord, founded in 2005, is the leading enterprise mobile platform provider dedicated to driving social change through the mobile phone. Mobile Accord empowers individuals and entire countries to facilitate change using our revolutionary scalable services including mobile donations, social networking, polling, monitoring, and alerts systems.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Mobile Accord currently operates services throughout the world with an emphasis in emerging markets in Africa and Asia. Our goal is to bring open communication platforms to those who are currently censored or oppressed regardless of location or economic restrictions. We offer a flexible and casual work environment that isn’t perfect for everyone – but it might be perfect for you.
We are currently looking for a Systems Developer to assist in the build out of our messaging and billing platforms to support Mobile Accord’s GeoPoll offering. This position will work directly with wireless carriers and other 3rd party service providers in multiple countries throughout Africa, and will be responsible for the development and maintenance of highly efficient low-level systems that support the organization’s product base.
Mobile Accord offers a fantastic and all around fun team environment. We have a great crew of intelligent, social, hard working people focused on capitalizing on an amazing opportunity. This position will report to the Director of Development.
· Implementation of new SMS messaging connections with wireless carriers’ SMSC using Mobile Accord’s messaging platform (Java, SMPP)
· Develop and extend the capabilities of Mobile Accord’s messaging platform (Java)
· Implementation of new billing adapters for various wireless carrier billing systems (REST, SOAP, C#)
· Develop and extend the capabilities of Mobile Accord’s billing platform (C#)
· Actively involved in design reviews, code reviews and general support of all team initiatives.
· Ability to deliver on the key responsibilities.
Preferred Experience and Skills
· SQL Server
· ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, or other Queuing Platform
· REST, SOAP, JSON, JMS, NMS
· Self-motivated without “over-the-shoulder” management
· Collaborative and work well on multi-site initiatives
· Enjoys a fun, dynamic and challenging work environment within a start-up culture
· Strong commitment to making a social impact
How to apply
Please send CV's to Adonahue@mobileaccord.com
- BBC “WORLD HAVE YOUR SAY” RADIO SHOW... Tuesday 23rd September 2014 8:00pm
- Quality Assurance workshop... Wednesday 24th September 2014 2:00pm
- NRBUZZ: Using M-Health services to support home-based health care... Thursday 18th September 2014 5:30pm
- INTEL-SPONSORED GAME DEVELOPER MEETUP... Saturday 6th September 2014 10:00am