Regional Business Analyst, Africa1
- Company: MicroEnsure
- Deadline: Friday 31st January 2014
- Location: Nairobi
The Business Analyst (BA) will work closely with MicroEnsure HQ IT and Global offices to capture and develop detailed Business Requirements and Processes for new products, systems or reports being introduced to MicroEnsure. The BA supports changes through the business to deliver new products and services in an efficient, effective and consistent manner.
1. The BA acts as a primary contact for requirements definition and process change requirements, and will control the information flow and requirements between in-country offices and the IT Department.
2. Updates the CTO on the status of process changes and product, application and report development and any issues or risks identified
3. Captures and documents Business Requirements for solutions and report development, working with MicroEnsure personnel and partner/client personnel in various emerging countries.
4. Captures, develops and documents Business Processes for both new products and the development of current products. These products include a wide variety of microinsurance products such as credit life, term life and funeral, property, mortgage, weather indexed crop, and health.
5. Leads on development of business cases to support investment for new business requirements as identified by relevant business managers.
6. Contributes to Product Approval Board and drives technical aspects of product review and approval. Provides challenge to business cases and prioritisation of products, identifies opportunities for sharing of best practice and synergy for product development across countries.
7. Project manages product development using resources in the MIS team and/or partner organisations
8. Deals directly with MIS staff for completion of product technical specifications
9. Contributes to Systems Testing and User Acceptance Testing
10. Contributes to the development of training material and supports UAT and training for new products
11. Identifies measures to monitor and provide information for business process improvement
12. Promotes Process management principles and the sharing of best practice, especially across the different country offices of MicroEnsure
Qualifications, Experience, and Attributes:
• Educated to undergraduate level preferably in a Technical/Technology or Business related subject
• Good business knowledge of insurance industry including insurance products , product pricing and reinsurance
• Solid project management skills and is detail-orientated, particularly the ability to gather, screen and interpret a wide variety of detailed information yet remain focused on the ‘big picture’
• Proven analytical ability across internal business operations, related industries, markets, competition etc.
• Solves problems by applying frameworks and communicates implications for the business
• Able to translate technology issues for management to make business decisions.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including Influencing and negotiating skills
• Takes the initiative and works independently; is self-motivated and energetic, working well under pressure and able to meet tight deadlines. Completes tasks, meeting all agreed standards of delivery; multi-tasks effortlessly. Flexible approach and an ability to operate effectively with uncertainty and change.
• Has a significant of Business Analyst experience, preferably in the financial services sector, most preferably in insurance.
• An ability and willingness to travel to MicroEnsure offices and customer locations across Africa. It is expected that this role will involve 25-30% international travel.
• A commitment to model and articulate MicroEnsure’s Christian mission, vision and Core Values.
How to apply
Please send your application letter and CV to email@example.com stating your current/expected remuneration. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is found.
- NRBUZZ: Using M-Health services to support home-based health care... Thursday 18th September 2014 5:30pm
- INTEL-SPONSORED GAME DEVELOPER MEETUP... Saturday 6th September 2014 10:00am
- PHP User Group... Tuesday 2nd September 2014 5:30pm
- HOW DO YOU DEVELOP YOUR SOFTWARE... Wednesday 3rd September 2014 6:00pm