Mobile Web East Africa 2012
is an action-packed, progressive and highly interactive conference that over the course of two days will facilitate the growth of the mobile ecosystem in the region. It has a fantastic speaker faculty and is tackling one of the most important aspects of technological development: harnessing the potential of the mobile web and applications.
The organizers would very much like to encourage the participation of *iHub_ members in the conference by giving a 30% discount off the normal cost of attendance.
The event is taking place on 22nd and 23rd February at the Southern Sun Mayfair
in Nairobi and further to the 30% discount, all developers and start-ups
are eligible to apply for a 50% subsidy. Registrations can be made on the event website (www.mobileeastafrica.com
) or by contacting the event organisers on [email protected]
.The event is gathering momentum quickly; here is an update:
- The *iHub_ and m:lab East Africa have pledged their support and The Kenya ICT Board has agreed to be the formal host organisation.
- The delegation is now 80% full – over 115 places have been allocated, leaving less than 25 before the event sells out.
- Spinlet are using the event to officially launch their mobile music service in East Africa, whilst Mobile Planet will be hosting the lunch on Day One of the conference.
- The Speaker Faculty includes the likes of the Omidyar Network (USA), World of Avatar (South Africa), Virtual City (Kenya) and Roc Nation (USA).
As a part of our remit to foster the growth of the ecosystem, the *iHub_ is really pleased to be linking up with All Amber on Mobile Web East Africa 2012. It’s a fantastic event, so we’re glad to be such a part of it and to have some of our members demonstrating their work.
Due to the interactive roundtable format
capacity at the venue is limited to just 140 attendees; it is recommended that you register for the event
as soon as possible.
To reiterate: *iHub_ and m:lab members are able to claim a 30% discount by registering at www.mobileeastafrica.com
– please email [email protected]
to request the discount code.