Reinhard Knobelspies from Berlin who is a startup coach and consultant at KfW Grndungsberater
and Founder and Manager
of studio 38 pure communication
GmbH in Berlin, Germany will be facilitating a session on "creative-city-berlin"
, on Tuesday the 19th of October 2010 from 6 - 7pm at the iHub.
Creative-City-Berlin.de was founded by the governmental departments for economy and culture of Berlin in conjunction with the efforts of Berlin becoming UNESCO awarded City of Design. A few facts below:
- Concept, design and programming by studio 38
- Programming based on the much acclaimed python web framework: http://www.djangoproject.com/
- Modular functionality based on the MTV-principle (Model-Template-View)
- First phase 2007: mainly informational site with FAQs on creative sectors and guidance for creative entrepreneurs
- Second phase 2008: community enhancements (users can set up profiles and add own content)
- 2008: Logo competition in cooperation with jovoto.com
- Third phase 2009: adding jobboard, integrating external information through XML-feeds and APIs
- Fourth phase 2010 (current work-in-progress): interface redesign, integration of facebook connect, extending profile and portfolio functionality
Designers and Developers come and learn more about this project and platform and how we can possibly create: "Creative-City-Nairobi!"